You already know what to do with living quarters, since it is quite easy to find acceptable options for them. But what kind of finish to use in the bathroom – this question is not easy to answer for various reasons. For some, it is too small, and for others, it is too large. In any case, first, you need to choose the material with which you will decorate the walls and floor. It must be moisture and wear-resistant. Of course, the choice should fall on ceramic tiling.
First, you need to consider that ceramic tiling is a very suitable option for decorating a bathroom. Its installation will not cause much trouble, and a person who has no experience in this matter can handle such work.
Today, a large number of products are produced that differ in the quality of performance. Someone chooses samples from well-known manufacturers, someone prefers to choose simpler products. Therefore, the decoration of the bathroom can be different. It all depends on the completeness of the wallet, preferences, and taste.
Bathrooms are also of various sizes. The area of the room and its color scheme should be in harmony. All rooms are very small, which means that you need to choose light colors that visually increase the space.
In a large room, there is where to roam. Therefore, everything here will depend on the wishes of the owners. Someone wants to have a bathroom, which is lined with black tiling with light splashes, while someone prefers only snow-white shades. They emphasize the purity of thoughts and the world around them.
Don’t use red colors in a small room. If you still want super-flashy shades, then choose a white tiling with a red pattern, for example, with large flowers. Will look good on a white background and red borders.
When you walk into a store, your inexperienced eye cannot immediately identify the best samples. All collections seem to be equally beautiful and of high quality. This is especially true when products have glossy surfaces. They all shimmer and shine, and your attention becomes distracted. Therefore, doubts begin. And this leads to the wrong choice.
In order not to be mistaken, adhere to the following rules of tiling.
- You cannot finish the walls of the bathroom with tiles that are intended for the floor. Conversely, you cannot lay fragile wall tiles on the floor. On the floor, thin wall tiles will simply crack from stress, and heavy flooring will not adhere well to the walls.
- It is not necessary to choose too thick, high-strength tile in a very small toilet space. There are not so many people living in a scanty apartment that your expensive tiles will quickly crack and wear out. Why pay extra money for excessive wear resistance, if you can choose thinner samples and, therefore, cheaper.
- You should not save money when it comes to purchasing tiling. It is better to buy two or three more samples than you calculated in advance. Anything can happen during installation. The piece product may crack or break. Here the fallback will come in handy.
Of course, the high-quality workmanship of the products should also be at their best. Therefore, do not skimp on trifles and at the same time consider the following.
All piece products must match diagonally and in size. To check the coincidence of the parameters, you need to selectively take a couple of tiles from the batch, and then fold them together with the front side. If you see discrepancies, then it is better to refuse the purchase. By the way, when smooth, glossy surfaces are superimposed on each other, there should also be no free space between them (both high-quality samples seem to “stick” to each other). If you notice flaws, then the surface is not of the best quality.
Don’t forget to check the items for cracks. To do this, you need to turn the face of the sample into the light. The presence of “cobwebs” is a marriage. The tiles are usually installed in damp rooms.
Try to get the right amount of tiling right away. You shouldn’t do it in parts, because products from the same collection may differ slightly from each other in shades and even in dimensions. And that’s why. When one batch of goods ends, another is brought in. In production, there are often changes in the quality of goods due to raw materials or a change in manufacturing technology. There is no guarantee that another batch will not be executed with some changes.
For complete confidence in your choice, you also need to rely on the advice of specialists with many years of experience. So, the general rules will be as follows.
- To visually “stretch” space, the curbs should be laid vertically, not horizontally. This means that the owners of small rooms should choose rectangular products.
- To get a “high ceiling”, lay vertically, and arrange decorative elements at eye level. Therefore, it is also worth purchasing decorative items.
- It is better to use neutral or cold shades in the toilet. Therefore, it is necessary to buy products that will have a white or light blue color scheme.
- When you start tiling on the wall, it is better to use horizontal laying. The walls finished in this way will significantly increase the visual height of the ceiling. Therefore, purchase rectangular tiling.