Principles of social protection for people with disabilities? Types of social protection for people with disabilities? Basic principles of social assistance policies for social protection beneficiaries?
Social protection is a collection of measures and policies that the State and the social community recognize and adhere to in order to maximize the protection of the rights of people with disabilities, as well as ensure the interests of social security. society, economic support as well as some issues for people with disabilities. So what is the content of the principle? And how is it expressed in legal documents?
1. Principles of social protection for people with disabilities
Social protection for PWD is the totality of mechanisms, policies, and solutions of the State and the social community to help and protect people with disabilities, first and foremost the subsidies. , support and other expenses to help the subject stabilize his life.
Firstly, the principle that PWD has the right to enjoy social protection does not discriminate according to any criteria.
“Disabled person regardless of the origin of disability is a person who has a defect in one or more body parts or functions manifested in different forms of disability, which reduces his ability to function, makes work, Living and studying face many difficulties”.
Secondly, the principle that the level of social protection allowance for PWD does not depend on their contribution, income, or standard of living, but mainly on the degree of disability and the actual needs of the object. That is, the level of the allowance depends on the actual circumstances of each object, the degree of disability without taking into account the contribution of the beneficiaries.
Third, the principle of implementing social protection balances the actual needs of people with disabilities and the ability to meet socio-economic conditions. Every year, the State allocates a budget to implement policies on people with disabilities. The nature of the social allowance is flexible and diverse, depending on the state budget, the support, and the donations of the community.
Fourth, the principle of diversifying and socializing social protection activities for PWD, promoting their ability to integrate into the community.
2. Forms of social protection for people with disabilities
Every year, the State allocates budget sources to implement policies on support for people with disabilities. In addition, the prevention and reduction of the risks of birth defects, disability due to accidents, injuries, diseases, and other risks leading to disability, reduced working capacity. The State creates favorable conditions to assist PWD in health care, education, vocational training, employment, culture, sports, entertainment, access to public works and information technology, and participation in traffic. ; prioritize the implementation of social protection policies and support people with disabilities who are children and the elderly.
The integration of policies on PWD in socio-economic development policies has received attention and attention from the State. State-owned enterprises or private organizations and individuals in the society, if there are social development projects, will also be supported and facilitated for development. In addition, creating conditions for PWD to have orthopedic and functional rehabilitation; overcome difficulties, live independently, and integrate into the community.
Training and fostering people working in counseling and taking care of people with disabilities; Encourage activities to assist people with disabilities; Creating conditions for organizations of people with disabilities and organizations for people with disabilities to operate; To commend agencies, organizations, and individuals for their achievements and contributions in assisting people with disabilities; Strictly handling agencies, organizations, and individuals that violate the provisions of this Law and other relevant laws are activities that the State has been, is and will continue to carry out in the future. next time to provide the best support and to ensure a minimum life for people with disabilities.
3. Basic principles of social assistance policies for social protection beneficiaries
- Firstly, social assistance policies are implemented fairly, openly and in a timely manner according to the level of difficulty and priority in the family and place of residence.
- Second, social assistance policies are changed depending on the country’s economic conditions and the minimum living standards of the population from time to time.
- Third, encourage agencies, organizations and individuals to take care of, nurture and help social protection beneficiaries.
The standard monthly allowance and social assistance levels are as follows:
1. The standard level of social support is the basis for determining the level of social allowance, the level of nurturing allowance at social protection establishments, social houses, the level of financial support for care and nurturing, and other levels that help other societies.
2. Based on the specific conditions of the local chairman of the People’s Committee of provinces and cities directly under the Central Government (skincare collectively, the chairman of provincial People’s Committee) decided the public assistance The level of foster care allowance, the level of financial support for care and nurture and other levels of social support is higher than the corresponding levels specified in this Decree.
Conclusion: Social protection is one of the ways that the State has been applying to ensure and support people with disabilities to be recognized and respected for their rights like other ordinary people, with the most limitation on the issue of disability. discrimination and barriers related to disability issues of people with disabilities.